The Championing Faith and Belief Inclusion Award
An award for an individual, team, group or network initiating and leading action to acts as a role model or ally in raising the profile of faith and belief in the Civil Service, including by promoting dialogue within and between faiths and beliefs.
- Creates an inclusive culture where people of different faiths, beliefs, and non-belief feel able to bring this aspect of themselves into work, confident in the knowledge that they will be valued for who they are and supported in their religious practice.
- Takes steps to eliminate or reduce incidents of bullying, harassment or discrimination against employees or service users on grounds of faith or belief.
- Leads positive actions or interventions to ensure that the practice of a faith or belief is not a barrier to talented employees or service users realising their full potential.
- Promotes understanding of different faiths and beliefs to improve service user experience [faith literacy]
- Can demonstrate positive outcomes arising from their interventions for individuals and the organisation, and can demonstrate the potential for scaling up or demonstrating initiatives for other parts of the Civil Service.