Championing Race Equality Award
An award for an individual, team, group or network initiating and leading action to remove barriers and improve the working experience and engagement levels of BAME employees, or demonstrating excellence in the delivery of services to BAME people.
- Acts as a role model or ally in championing BAME issues
- Creates an inclusive culture by challenging race inequalities/barriers/bias in the application of people management policies, for example inclusive recruitment, talent development, performance management, career development and promotion etc, or in customer service delivery.
- Takes steps to eliminate or reduce incidents of bullying, harassment or discrimination against BAME employees or service users.
- Leads positive actions or interventions to enable talented BAME employees or service users to realise their full potential
- Applies evidence and customer insight to tackle issues effectively to improve service user experience
- Can demonstrate positive outcomes arising from their interventions for individuals and the organisation, and can demonstrate the potential for scaling up or demonstrating initiatives for other parts of the Civil Service.