The Advancing Age and/or Carers Inclusion Award - NEW
An award for an individual, team, group or network initiating and leading action to remove barriers and improve the working experience and engagement levels of employees, or demonstrating excellence in the delivery of services to people of all ages and/or carers. Nominations should indicate how the nominee meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Creates an inclusive culture by challenging age and/or carers’ related inequalities in the application of policy. For example: inclusive recruitment, talent development, performance management, career development and promotion, or in customer service delivery.
- Leads positive actions or interventions to enable talented employees of all ages and/or with caring responsibilities to realise their full potential.
- Acts as a role model or ally in championing age and/or carers inclusion.
- Can demonstrate the impact of, and positive outcomes from, an intersectional approach (viewing personal demographics such as age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, social mobility, disability and gender in combination instead of in isolation).
- Takes steps to eliminate or reduce incidents of bullying, harassment or discrimination against employees or service users of all ages or those who are carers.
- Can demonstrate positive outcomes arising from their interventions for individuals and the organisation, and can demonstrate the potential for scaling up or for initiatives for other parts of the Civil Service.
- Applies evidence and customer insight to tackle issues effectively and to improve service user experience.