The Advancing Disability Inclusion Award
An award for an individual, team, group or network initiating and leading action to remove barriers to attract and improve working experience and engagement levels of employees with a disability or demonstrating excellence in the delivery of services to disabled people. Nominations should indicate how the nominee meets one or more of the following criteria.
- Creates an inclusive culture by challenging disability inequalities, barriers and bias in the application of policy. For example: inclusive recruitment, talent development, performance management, career development, promotion and implementing appropriate, high quality and cost effective workplace adjustments etc., or in customer service delivery.
- Leads positive actions or interventions enabling disabled employees to realise their full potential and be fully included in their workplace.
- Acts as a role model or ally in advancing disability inclusion.
- Can demonstrate the impact of, and positive outcomes from, an intersectional approach (viewing personal demographics such as age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, social mobility, disability and gender in combination instead of in isolation).
- Takes steps to eliminate or reduce incidents of bullying, harassment or discrimination against disabled employees or service users.
- Can demonstrate positive outcomes arising from their interventions for individuals and the organisation, and can demonstrate the potential for scaling up or demonstrating initiatives for other parts of the Civil Service.
- Applies evidence and customer insight to tackle issues effectively to improve employee or service user experience.