The Advancing LGBTI+ Inclusion Award
An award for an individual, team, group or network initiating and leading action to remove barriers and improve the working experience and engagement levels of LGBTI+ employees, or demonstrating excellence in the delivery of services to LGBTI+ people. Nominations should indicate how the nominee meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Acts as a role model or ally in championing LGBTI+ issues, proactively raising awareness of the issues for and experiences of LGB&TI civil servants.
- Leads positive actions or interventions to improve services to LGBTI+ citizens.
- Proactively contributes to a culture where LGBTI+ civil servants feel included, safe and supported.
- Leads positive actions or interventions to enable talented LGBTI+ employees to realise their full potential.
- Can demonstrate the impact of, and positive outcomes from, an intersectional approach (viewing personal demographics such as age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, social mobility, disability and gender in combination instead of in isolation).
- Takes proactive steps to challenge and address bullying, harassment or discrimination against LGBTI+ employees.
- Takes proactive steps to increase sexual orientation reporting rates in their team, department or organisation or across the Civil Service.
- Can demonstrate positive outcomes arising from their interventions for individuals and the organisation, and can demonstrate the potential for scaling up or demonstrating initiatives for other parts of the Civil Service.