The Advancing Race Equality Award
An award for an individual, team, group or network initiating and leading action to remove barriers and improve the working experience and engagement levels of ethnic minority employees, or demonstrating excellence in the delivery of services to ethnic minority people.Nominations should indicate how the nominee meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Leads positive actions or interventions to enable talented ethnic minority employees or service users to realise their full potential.
- Creates an inclusive culture by challenging race inequalities, barriers and bias in the application of policy. For example: inclusive recruitment, talent development, performance management, career development and promotion etc, or in customer service delivery.
- Acts as a role model or ally in championing ethnic diversity.
- Can demonstrate the impact of, and positive outcomes from, an intersectional approach (viewing personal demographics such as age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, social mobility, disability and gender in combination instead of in isolation).
- Takes steps to eliminate or reduce incidents of bullying, harassment or discrimination against ethnic minority employees or service users.
- Can demonstrate positive outcomes arising from their interventions for ethnic minority individuals and the organisation, and can demonstrate the potential for scaling up or demonstrating initiatives for other parts of the Civil Service.
- Applies evidence and customer insight to tackle issues effectively to improve service user experience.