The Advancing Social Mobility Inclusion Award
An award for an individual, team, group or network initiating and leading action to remove barriers to attract and improve working experience and engagement levels of employees from a lower socio-economic background, or demonstrating excellence in the delivery of services to people from a lower socio-economic background. Nominations should indicate how the nominee meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Leads positive actions or interventions to enable talented employees from a lower socio economic background to realise their full potential.
- Acts as a role model or ally in advancing social mobility and socio-economic diversity issues.
- Creates an inclusive culture by challenging inequalities, barriers and bias in the application of policy. For example: inclusive recruitment, talent development, performance management, career development and promotion etc, or in customer service delivery for people from a lower socio-economic background.
- Takes steps to eliminate or reduce incidents of bullying, harassment or discrimination against employees or service users from a lower socio-economic background.
- Takes proactive steps to increase socio-economic background declaration rates in their team, department or organisation or across the Civil Service.
- Can demonstrate the impact of, and positive outcomes from, an intersectional approach (viewing personal demographics such as age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, social mobility, disability and gender in combination instead of in isolation).
- Can demonstrate positive outcomes arising from their interventions for individuals and the organisation and can demonstrate the potential for scaling up or demonstrating initiatives for other parts of the Civil Service.
- Demonstrates a cross-government and/or cross-sector leadership approach to socio-economic diversity, engaging others to promote best practice, build relationships and enable change with other organisations.
- Applies evidence and customer insight to tackle issues effectively.