The Impact on the Citizen Award - NEW
An award for an individual, team, group or network initiating and leading action to remove barriers and improve the impact of public facing policy or demonstrating excellence in the delivery of services to all citizens. Nominations should indicate how the nominee meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates that innovative approaches have been used which have resulted in a step up from business as usual and have delivered real benefits to the citizen.
- Demonstrates commitment to ensuring that D&I principles are core to their area of work.
- Can show evidence of better outcomes in policy and service delivery as a result of a focus on D&I principles.
- Can demonstrate the impact of, and positive outcomes from, an intersectional approach (viewing personal demographics such as age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, social mobility, disability and gender in combination instead of in isolation).
- Can demonstrate positive outcomes arising from their interventions for citizens and the organisation and can demonstrate the potential for scaling up or demonstrating initiatives for other parts of the Civil Service.
- Takes steps to share impact that has been made beyond the immediate team or work area.
- Can demonstrate that the initiative or new practice(s) leaves a lasting legacy.